Friday, January 17, 2020

When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Stitch RIBBON CANDY

I just finished quilting this Sweet Tooth Cutie Quilt on Jason Mamoa, my Handi Quilter Forte:


I pieced the top a while back using leftover strips of patriotic colored fabrics, thinking to give this to Quilts of Valor or my local police department.

When I got home from Salt Lake City last weekend, I got a text reminding me that my insulation guys were coming on Monday.  Reminding?  They never contacted us in the first place.  So, all of the filming I had planned to do on Monday and Tuesday was moved to Tuesday overnight and Wednesday, because folks aren't very happy when you film with a generator/pump right outside the sewing room!

Instead of filming, I quilted this quilt and cleaned my sewing room.  Quilting ribbon candy is a treat for me, so put a few items away and then rewarded myself by stitching some ribbon candy.  I repeated this interval for 80 blocks and all borders.  During that time, I was able to clean enough of my sewing room to allow room for a second person to stand in here.  2019 brought me a broken collarbone, a full travel schedule, a crunched house, and a few flareups;  my 450 square foot sewing room only had room for one person to stand in here -- ME!

I'm pleased with the quilt and the results in my sewing room.  I now need to quilt a ribbon candy quilt every week that I'm home.  Since all quilts are ribbon candy quilts, that shouldn't be too hard, right?

I'm weird for working like this.  Is anyone else weird in this same way?

3 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Oh so pretty!!!

Janet Myers said...

Love your choice of color on this one. Scraps or not... it is stunning.

فاتن الصاوي said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.