Sunday, July 15, 2012

Доброе утро!

Good morning from Russia!

I left my house at 9am Saturday and touched down in St. Petersburg, Russia at 5:30 pm Sunday.  I am really tired and have not seen much (any!) of the city yet, but I m still surrounded by new things.

After a few hours in my hotel, I have seen some very different things:

My electric adapter works for my laptop:


Success.

The electricity in my room works very differently than anything I have ever seen before.  I think all American parents want this system for their house.  There is a slot for the room key near the door.  If the room key is not in the slot, the electricity is not working -- no lights at all and no air conditioning either.  When I leave my room and take my room key with me, I automatically turn off all of the lights.


It is strange to be in a country where I can neither speak nor read the language.  Everything is very different.  My phone does not work so I am feeling a little isolated.  But, there is FaceBook:


Everything will be just fine now!

4 comments:

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Debbie, the light switch thing is fascinating! Don't wotty, I learned russian for 8 years through middle and high school and was one of the best in class... Stiill couldn't speak it if I had to. I can catch words and I could read the "dobroye" part in your post, but that's about it. Sad how.one forgets a complete language when not using it for over 20 years... Have a blast, Moscow is a beautiful city if you had the chance to visit.

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Sorry, I misspelled your name Debby!
Just wrote a reply to someone spelled Debbie...

PKM said...

have lots of fun - this will be a blast for you! love, Peggy

Kim said...

That is the latest and the greatest in many hotels throughout the world!
And here I am without facebook!
It maybe the only time I wish I had it!

Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Safe travels and Happy Sewing