Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Brooklyn's Quilt, part two

As promised, here is the next installment of the quilting of Brooklyn's quilt.  I nearly forgot to post this; jetlag is not for sissies.

I am quilting the 16-patch block in this next video.  I am using a Handi Quilter Half-Circle template with my sweet Sweet Sixteen.

To make the continuous curve in the block, I place the template 1/4-inch away from my starting corner:


and 1/4-inch away from my ending corner.


There are lines on the template dividing it into sections, but I ignore all of the markings and position the template only based on the starting- and ending-points.

 

The block is finished:


I leave tomorrow for Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA.  I will be working with the Quilt Basket there.  Will I get to see any of you there?

Hopefully I will remember to post the next video when I get home from there!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll see you!!! Denise and I will be there with more questions about our HQ -- although it is working pretty well! I'll get pictures of my Egg Money quilt (based on Eleanor Burns book) posted on my blog so you can see it! See you Thursday!

Leeanne said...

great tutorial. hopefully someone here in NZ has these machines as I would like to try one out.

Debby Brown said...

Leeanne -- I checked on Handiquilter.com.au and there are some HQ representatives in New Zealand!