Friday, February 28, 2014

Globetrotting: Block 2 Venice (design)

Are you ready to quilt block two of Pat Sloan's Globetrotting quilt?  I am!

Let's quilt the Venice block:


When I pick designs for a quilt, I try to keep to a few themes.  The themes I chose for the first block were:
  • Curved Lines
  • Curls
  • Ribbon Candy
  • Straight Lines
I tried to place these same themes in my Venice block.  I covered the block with my Quilter's Preview Paper and doodled on the film with a Sharpie.  (I did not draw on my quilt top with a Sharpie.  You can breathe now.)


I considered adding a new theme to fill the four light green squares, but I think that I like the double continuous curve in there.  I'll have to wait and see what the quilt wants once I start quilting it.

Do you like this design?  Do you have other suggestions?

2 comments:

Sue Halter said...

I like it! Looking forward to seeing if the block tells you something different! LOL

Doreen said...

Like that. The texture will be awesome!!!