Friday, February 14, 2014

Globetrotting: Block 1 Washington DC (in review)

I am so tickled to be working on Pat Sloan's Globetrotting block of the month.

The first month's block, Washington DC, looks like this:


I sketched out some quilting ideas:


I quilted them:

Read the first tutorial here.



Read the second tutorial here
.


Read the third tutorial here.



Read the fourth tutorial here.



Read the fifth tutorial here.



Read the sixth tutorial here.



Check out the finished block!


Ready to start quilting the next one?

5 comments:

RA said...

Yes, please. Thanks for doing this. I enjoyed quilting the first one immensely. Let's do number 2.

RA said...

Debbie - Are we going to need material to cut into strips to go between the blocks when we put them together after quilting? If so, can you estimate the quantity so I can match up top and backing and get it purchased. Thanks!!

RA said...

Debbie - Are we going to need material to cut into strips to go between the blocks when we put them together after quilting? If so, can you estimate the quantity so I can match up top and backing and get it purchased. Thanks!!

Debby Brown said...

Ruth Ann -- there are a few ways to join the blocks together; one requires fabric strips and the other does not. If you choose to add extra fabric, I would buy an extra yard for the front and an extra yard for the back. This is just a guess.

Nolesgirl said...

I have only watched one video but so impressed with your ability to control the machine and add such a beautiful design. Are you on the west coast of Florida? If so, when I visit I would love to sign up for a course you offer; however I am a beginner. Thanks for the great videos.