Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Globetrotting: Block 1 Washington DC (video 3)

It's time to add some quilting to Pat Sloan's Globetrotting block.

Today's design:  the ribbon candy in the tan Vs:


I did all of the quilting freehand on Hazel, my sweet Sweet Sixteen:



I repeated the design three more times and finished quilting all of the tan fabric:


I really like the way this is turning out.

Thanks, Pat!!
___

Catch up on the rest of the posts for Globetrotting:
Block 1 Washington DC
basting, design choice
thread choice
video 1 -- center design
video 2 -- star points

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks debby for the great videos

Aunt Fan said...

First time I've seen anything like this and it's quite interesting. I take it you must have your batting and back on the quilt block as well? If so, how will you piece them all together in the end?

Debby Brown said...

Aunt Fan,

Click the links in the post and you can see the basting step. At the end of the year, I will start piecing this all together. Stay tuned!