Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Globetrotting: Block 1 Washington DC (video 6)

I am done with the quilting on Pat Sloan's Washington DC block!!!

The original plan looked like this:


The quilt didn't get any funny ideas today and it let me quilt the orange triangles as I originally planned:



I repeated this quilting in all 16 orange triangles in the block.

Are you ready for the big reveal?


Is it OK to say that I love this?

I left the brown border unquilted.  I will quilt it after adding the other sections of the quilt.

I can't wait to get started on quilting the next block!

___

Catch up on the rest of the posts for Globetrotting:
Block 1 Washington DC
basting, design choice
thread choice
video 1 -- center design
video 2 -- star points
video 3 -- ribbon candy Vs
video 4 -- continuous curve
video 5 -- large triangles

4 comments:

Béa said...

Thank you for sharing tutos on FMQ, I will try it on my domestic machine.

Sue Halter said...

Debbie, this is wonderful! I will use your quilting ideas on my Globetrotting quilt. I'll be frame quilting the top and am a relative newbie, so loving your tuts!!!

Unknown said...

I am planning on doing the Globetrotting quilt as "a quilt as you go" project. I am piecing the blocks for for the Globetrotting quilt and am doing my first quilt as you go on another quilt and am trying to learn to do feathers on it also. Was so glad to see you do this and think it is fantastic.
Enjoyed it - thanks - Sharon Bell

Debby Brown said...

Sharon, I have some feather videos on my youtube channel.

This is one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcrNXpd720c

Good luck with your Quilt as You Go quilt!