Thursday, February 13, 2014

UFO #2 finished

A long, long time ago, I made a quilt.  It looked like this:


It was a Moda Club kit from around 2006?  2005?  You can read about the original quilt here.  I gave the quilt to my mom's cousin who liked the quilt so much that she asked me to make another one for her brother.  I said I would.

EIGHT YEARS LATER, I finally finished this second quilt:


Over the many, many years since I started this quilt, I lost a few pieces and had to substitute a few fabrics to finish.  Then, when I was binding it, I came up about four inches short:


I think I'll make this a signature on all of my quilts.  I'll plan to have a four-inch section of a contrasting fabric.  That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

The quilting doesn't show well in the photograph, but it is a simple overall leaf pattern.  This quilt didn't need any fancy quilting -- it needed to be finished!

I hope David likes his quilt, at long last.

No comments: