Saturday, January 11, 2014

Home Again

Tonight's bed is even comfier than last night's bed:  I AM HOME!

I haven't been gone very long, but isn't home just the greatest place ever?  No matter how long you've been away?

I left my hotel in Salt Lake City this morning at 6am.  

Good-bye, Utah!


I was second in line for an upgrade to first class, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

I suffered in economy class, but consoled myself with my little project from Pinwheels:


I listened to some of A Game of Thrones on my Audible app and read a little House of the Seven Gables on my Kindle.  The 4 1/2 hour flight went quickly.

My flight was bumpy but we landed safely.  I negotiated my way through Queens, the Bronx, and Westchester in bad weather and heavy traffic.

To remind me that I'm really a woodsy-type gal, my friend met me in the front yard when I finally got home tonight:


My husband, knowing about my admirer Doug, decided to up his game.  He decided that the best way to my heart was through my (newly lactose-intolerant) stomach.


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... ice cream.

No comments: