Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hotel Tour of 2014 -- day 6

What a great day!  I had a full class today for a full day of free-motion quilting.  The students' smiles are the reason why I do what I do.

I had dinner with a bunch of teachers from the show and met many others at the Teacher Reception tonight.

A fun detail from my hotel room:


I have to put my room keycard in the slot to turn on the lights in my room.  When I leave and take the key with me, the power to the lights goes out.

I saw this in a hotel room in Russia, but never in the States.  I love this and want this for my house!  

2 comments:

Eileen said...

That key holder is very interesting. Leave it to California to have this before other states.
Nice to read you're having a good time.
It is so freakin' cold here!

pamrquilt said...

We have had this feature in Australia for many years. I am surprised it is not more common in the US. it can be a bit frustrating if your hands are full and it's dark! Enjoy the warmer weather and, of course, the quilting!