One year ago today, I contracted E. coli while on a teaching trip within the United States. It was a big occasion, and one that seems worth remembering.
- I said "and we're going to take a break now" a lot while teaching that week
- Taking three flights to get home with food poisoning isn't fun
- It only took 24 hours of antibiotics to regain my will to live
- The antiobiotics only cost me $0.67 after insurance
- Not eating dairy for 8 months was painful
- There is dairy in chocolate cake!
I will always carry around minor organ damage as a souvenir of the great time I had with E. coli. Fortunately it's something that a few pills a day can remedy.
I think I need to celebrate this anniversary. I'm on the lookout for:
This cake was from Ike's on Summit at MSP Airport. Amazing chocolate cake. I'll probably try to find something a little closer to home today, though.