Thursday, October 09, 2014

Happy Anniversary!

One year ago today, I contracted E. coli while on a teaching trip within the United States.  It was a big occasion, and one that seems worth remembering.

Fun tidbits:

  • I said "and we're going to take a break now" a lot while teaching that week
  • Taking three flights to get home with food poisoning isn't fun
  • It only took 24 hours of antibiotics to regain my will to live
  • The antiobiotics only cost me $0.67 after insurance
  • Not eating dairy for 8 months was painful
  • There is dairy in chocolate cake!  
I will always carry around minor organ damage as a souvenir of the great time I had with E. coli.  Fortunately it's something that a few pills a day can remedy.

I think I need to celebrate this anniversary.  I'm on the lookout for:


This cake was from Ike's on Summit at MSP Airport.  Amazing chocolate cake.  I'll probably try to find something a little closer to home today, though.

1 comment:

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Congratulations! Yikes what a story!