Monday, October 13, 2014

Organizing -- Day 6

Some days, the desire to get more organized just isn't there.

I have had a rough October.  I haven't been feeling well and I have had some family matters to deal with, all while trying to survive the busiest month on the quilt calendar.

Today's to-do list includes set up longarms (I brought them to a class I taught this weekend), unpack class supplies, prep for 150 students (KITS!) at Houston, catch up on email, catch up on snail mail, write Thank You notes, do laundry, make travel plans for the rest of 2014, work on 2015 calendar, and much, much more.  What did I do this morning?  I sat at my computer at stared at Facebook.

When I need a little extra help getting started, I make a deal with myself:  If I work for just ten minutes:


Then I get to do something fun:



Just a quilting a block or two on this "happy happy" quilt makes my day brighter.  Then I can return to my "big-girl" jobs and make progress.

My other secret weapon for the day:


I'm listening to this as I unpack from last weekend, move bolts of fabric, pre-quilt my quilt kits, and pack for Houston.  

No comments: