Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Decisions, Decisions

This weekend, I am going to a quilt retreat at Sturbridge Quilting and Sewing Center in Massachusetts.  This shop is right I-84 and the Massachusetts Turnpike meet, so if you are driving through New England, stop and check this shop out!

It takes a lot of careful planning to go on a quilt retreat.  So, so many decisions:
  • How many projects should I take?
  • Should I be disciplined and only bring projects that I've already started?
  • Wouldn't it be more fun to start a brand new project?
  • Wouldn't it be even more fun to buy new projects just to make at this retreat?
In the spirit of "I'm finishing up all of my UFOs this year," I want to be disciplined and not start any new projects.  I dragged out the bin that holds most of my in-process quilts:


And then I got very, very depressed just considering the number of unfinished projects in this bin and not even considering the other UFOs that are taking up space in my sewing room.  Oh, the humanity!

The only thing that will cheer me up is buying new fabric to make new projects.

Decision -- made!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was too easy!! Enjoy your creative time at the retreat.

Eileen said...

Ha Ha!

Tish Stemple said...

A quilters struggle is always real. I feel guilty every time I start a new project...it passes quickly. Have fun at your retreat!

sunny said...

I usually start new projects at retreat, but something that I've had for awhile. It wouldn't be any fun to take all UFO's. They'll still be waiting when I get home. Have fun!!

Pamela Arbour said...

LOL I just knew you were going to say that you chose to take UFOs!

I hope you get the new project finished!

kupton52 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kupton52 said...

I was just wondering if you were going to do any more videos in your "More or Less Quilts" series....and also if you would consider doing a video on how you marked or quilted the diamonds on those quilts? I'm having a hoot going through and watching your videos and your archives. As a new longarmer of only a few months I'm voraciously devouring everything I can learn. Love your site and your work. Thank you....