Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Quilt Retreat Sewing: Halloween Quilt

About a decade ago, I bought a Halloween quilt kit.  I remember it being on clearance and that's my excuse.

I cut the pieces for this quilt last autumn when I was in a hotel room after work and it sat unfinished until my retreat at Sturbridge Quilting and Sewing last weekend:


All these years after buying that kit, I have found the perfect recipient.  Now I really want to finish this quilt quickly so I can give it to her!

Picking thread for this quilt was the easiest thing I've ever done.  I designed one of my FabuLux threads as a Halloween thread.  It's called Boo! and is Black, purple, and orange.  How perfect is that???  I pulled out some DecoBob to make a lovely stitch on the back of the quilt:


Once I finish the quilting, I get to bind the quilt.  Maybe I'll try machine binding on this one!

No comments: