Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Quilt Retreat Sewing: Allietare Mystery

Last weekend, I was at a quilt retreat at Sturbridge Quilting and Sewing Center.  We got snowed in but didn't care since we had food and friends and fabric inside!  I brought a bunch of UFOs instead of starting new projects, and I will admit to pouting about that.  New projects are super fun, but I was experimenting to see if finishing projects was also fun!

I pulled out my unfinished Bonnie Hunter Allietare quilt, stitched the blocks together and added borders:


I'm tickled with how it turned out!

As soon as I got home, I loaded it on the longarm and grabbed my FabuLux Mellow Yellows and DecoBob bobbin thread:


I started quilting my go-to swirl.  I've quilted it on each and every Bonnie Hunter quilts.  The beauty of these quilts is in the design and piecing; the quilting just holds the layers together!

This quilt is 84"x98" and I'm so looking forward to hand binding it (insert eye roll here).

I'm back to working on Bonnie Hunter's En Provence mystery quilt in between binding stitches.

Which Bonnie Hunter UFO should I work on next?  Oh the decisions!    

2 comments:

Crystal_235 said...

Very pretty! I've been wanting to work on a Bonnie Hunter quilt for a while. Hopefully soon I'll get started on one.

Pamela Arbour said...

That quilt turned out beautiful! Your fabrics are fabulous. Congratulations on the finish.