Thursday, January 12, 2017

Quilt Retreat Sewing: Yellow Brick Road

My Sewcation at Sturbridge Quilting and Sewing Center was super productive!  I pulled out an old Yellow Brick Road quilt using orchestra fabric.  I think I started this quilt about twelve (??) years ago.  The blocks were done, so I joined them and added borders:


Now that I'm home, it is time to pick thread.  I was going to choose cream and let the quilting be neutral, but with all of the brass instruments in the fabrics I thought my FabuLux Midas Touch would work:


I'm so glad I didn't use cream thread!  The Midas Touch adds to the richness of this quilt.  I'm using DecoBob in the bobbin to make a beautiful stitch.

I'm trying to finish as many of my UFOs this year as possible, but I'm afraid all of the bindings are going to trip me up!


3 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Great thread choice. I have a few quilts piled on the couch waiting for binding stitching. But I keep going and making more tops.

Lisa said...

Reading about your finishes is really motivating me to stay on mine. Only one so far for 2017, but that pesky thing called a job and those silly concepts called children keep getting in the way of my quilting time :P

Lisa said...

Forgot to say - I feel the same way about binding so almost all of mine are machine done using a wavy stitch . The second picture in this blog post http://quiltsbylisa.blogspot.ca/2017/01/string-theory-part-i.html shows the stitch really well. I love doing bindings this way.