Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Forever Home quilt

I know a family who recently adopted a little boy.  As an adopted child, I am a big fan of the process and make a lot of quilts for adopted children and adoptive families.

This is AJs quilt:


The pattern is from Missouri Star Quilt Company -- Disappearing Pinwheel Tutorial on YouTube.



I heard a bunch of my students at Road to California talking about it and wanted to try it.  When I got home, I grabbed out a few bright squares of fabric from my stash.

I made the blocks, but I wasn't too happy with them.  The edges are all bias and the result isn't as accurate as if I had cut and pieced each section separately.

I think the idea is a cute one and I applaud their creativity.  I decided to only make nine blocks, though, and don't plan to make any more.

AJ won't know any of this and I'm sure he'll love the quilt.


1 comment:

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Such a cute quilt,and what a nice effort, Debby! A lot of my twitter friends made this block over Martin Luther Day weekend and some of them were complaining about the bias edges. Some also said the same thing that they will not make it again :)