Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Hotel Tour of 2014 -- Night 25

Yesterday, I showed you some things that I probably won't install in my home (cough*potties*cough); today, I want to show you some of the things I wish I could take home with me:

1.  The Key-Card Energy Control System.


I first fell in love with these in Russia and used on in my hotel in California in January.  I think that this feature should be in my home now that I've broken up with my clothes dryer.  It would definitely help the "they just doubled the cost of my electricity" problem.

2.  This sitting area:


Don't you want to curl up here and read a book?  Or knit?  Or quilt?

I would probably skip the ashtray.  Pleasantly, this room doesn't smell of smoke at all!

3.  This bathroom accent tile:


Isn't in pretty?  My bathrooms are original to the house and a laughingstock to anyone who has visited us.  Someday, hopefully soon, we will finally be able to replace one of our bathrooms and this tile would be lovely.

4.  My students.  I don't have photos of them because I was teaching instead of snapping photos.  I finished my first day of classes here in the hotel and I had an amazing time.  I learn so much from my students and hope that I am able to teach them a tenth of what they teach me!  I taught expats from the US, UK, and South Africa as well as women from Dubai, India, Kuwait, Oman, the Philippines, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia.  All of us hail from different places and have different accents, ways of dress, customs, and cultures.  What did this diverse group of women do?  How did we interact?  We talked quilting and shared pictures of our grandchildren, naturally. 


1 comment:

Eileen said...

I love living vicariously through you! What you're doing is so cool.

Debby, do you have to cover your head when you go out of the hotel?