Monday, March 03, 2014

Globetrotting, Block 2 Venice (video 1)

Finally!  I am quilting my Venice block from Pat Sloan's Globetrotting block of the month!

Here's my quilting plan:



As a refresher, here's how to make a starting knot:



Now that I've made my knot, I'm ready to quilt continuous curve in the center square.  I am using a 4-inch circle template, a 6-inch circle template, and Handi Grip to help the circle templates grip my fabric as I quilt.



Sorry about the whole "talking with my hands" thing.  I'll try to remember to sit on my hands in future videos.

Once I finished quilting, I made an ending knot:



I am excited to start quilting the next part of this block!

____
Globetrotting Block 1 Washington DC (in review)
Globetrotting Block 2 Venice (design)

1 comment:

HeyJudee said...

Just curious, do you have the table overlay for the Sweet Sixteen installed in order to do the ruler work. I've been thinking of getting one as I have trouble holding the rulers steady with my Sweet Sixteen.