Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Quick Trip to the Store

After work tonight, I headed out for a quick trip to the local mall.  The Dubai Mall.  THE MALL, apparently.

This mall had it's own aquarium:


Fun shops:


Beautiful chandeliers:


There was a stage below this chandelier with a string group playing delightful music.  "Bittersweet Symphony" was one of the songs I heard.

If you were tired of shopping, too tired to walk, there was help.  Taxi cabs inside the mall:


There was a five-story water feature:


Please be impressed that I got close enough to the railing to take this photo.  I'm practicing not being afraid of heights in case I get to go to the Burj Khalifa (aka the tallest building in the world).

I had dinner at a divine Lebanese restaurant.  Look at those fluffy pitas:


The queue for taxicabs was really long, so I decided to drive this car back to my hotel.


Or was it this car?


So yes, this place was just a little bit fancy and I'm so glad I got to see a bit of Dubai tonight!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

very cool!!!

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

I guess it's gonna be the memory of a lifetime! I'm surprised you didn't see the ski slopes. The hubs can be as jealous as he wants to be :))))

Jackie said...

If you decide to go to the Burj what ever you do don't take the glass elevator. I got on it thinking I'd be ok but thought I'd have a heart attack less then halfway up. I was in the express elevator so no stopping to get off I thought I was going to die and my girlfriend thought I was joking never again will I do that.