Friday, March 14, 2014

Going Places

As a quilt teacher, I travel a lot.  A Lot.  A LOT.  Before I started teaching machine quilting, I didn't have a passport and I had visited about 10 states.  Nearly a decade later, my passport is filling up and I've taught in 39 states... so far.

I've learned a lot about the "ins and outs" of traveling over the years.  The first tip I'd like to pass along to you is:

Only pack what you can carry.

Whether you are traveling by car or by plane, travel is very difficult when you can't carry your own luggage.  I break this rule by necessity at times, and my trip is always more stressful than necessary.

I am away from home this week at the AQS Quilt Week in Lancaster, PA.  I drove here so, in theory, I could bring as much as I wanted.  In reality, I have to move my possessions from my car to my hotel room and back.  

There was a possibility of bad weather this week so I want to make sure I can get to the hotel in one trip.  My suitcase is on wheels and this little gem is a lifesaver:



I can carry my computer bag, my tremendously huge handbag, a grocery sack full of lunch fixings, and a few other needed items all in one trip, without waiting for a luggage cart or needing to make a second trip.

There are so many things that can go wrong when traveling; I try to plan for as many problems as possible ahead of time to lessen the stress.


3 comments:

QuilterMary said...

A quilty friend had one of these wagons at retreat a couple of weeks ago .... Now, we ALL want one!

Lisa H Calle said...

I have that wagon for the boys lacrosse games....coolers,chairs etc. love it. I actually bought a dolly for quilt shows, best investment!

Doreen said...

Love that wagon!!!! I've not seen that before......I want/need one!!!!!