Thursday, March 13, 2014

Globetrotting: Block 2 Venice (in review)

I am in love with Pat Sloan's Globetrotting block of the month and can't wait to see all of the beautiful finished quilts at the end of the year!

My Venice block:


My quilting plan:


The center square tutorial and video:



The corner squares tutorial and video:



The tan ribbon candy tutorial and video:



The orange lines/swirls tutorial and video:



The finished block:


I plan to join these blocks once they are all quilted.  There are a few methods that work for quilt-as-you-go:  one involves adding fabric strips and another involves simply stitching the blocks together using existing borders/sashings.  I will give some hints on joining the blocks at the end of the year.

I'm ready to quilt Chicago next:


Are you?
____

All of these amateur YouTube videos are free.  If you would like to see my professionally produced quilt DVDs, they are available for purchase:

Sit-down Longarm Quilting: Getting Started
Sit-down Longarm Quilting: Quilting Blocks and Borders
Sit-down Longarm Quilting: Using Rulers and Templates
Sit-down Longarm Quilting: Thread Work
____

If you would like to take a machine quilting class with me, check out my teaching calendar.
____

Globetrotting Block 1 Washington DC (in review)

No comments: