Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

Dear Electric Clothes Dryer,

I'm breaking up with you.  It's not me -- it's definitely you.  To be fair, the electric company's new rates have made you much less attractive lately.

So, you might feel lonely:


But I have to confess that I have a new friend:


Someday soon, hopefully, spring will arrive and bring a laundry line, sunshine, and breezy days.  Then I will have many, many new friends:


So, dear dryer, we might bump into each other when I'm on a 24-hour-visit between trips and I won't have time to spend with my new friends, but otherwise... I'm over you.

Sincerely,

Debby,
who would rather spend her pennies on fabric and thread than the electric bill

2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

This is hilarious! You have a great sense of humour!
Enjoy your new friend!

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

These are the days when I am glad we don't have a washer and dryer and I can do my laundry at someone else's house. I do own two friends of the same kinds as yours. I think they joined me from Target...