Saturday, March 29, 2014

Hotel Tour of 2014 -- Night 28

This is my last night in Dubai.  The show has been wonderful.  I have classes full of eager students from many different countries.  I hope that they are learning as much from me as I am from them.

The hotel restaurant had a special table this morning where a chef cooked omelets for the guests:


Yes, please!

I tasted papadom at lunch and hope that I can find them somewhere near home.  They look like nacho chips, are made from lentils, and taste like heaven.

I tasted lamb freekeh at dinner and must. make. this. at. home!!!  Freekeh is a barley/bulgur-type grain.  I will not stop until I find a way to purchase this at home.  Thankfully, I live in New York and the chances are quite good that it is available near me.

I've been here long enough to figure out the money, so it's obviously time to go home.


3.67 Dirham = $1US

I will teach 2 more classes tomorrow and then start my long trip home at midnight.  

So long, Dubai!

(In case anyone is counting, I have spent 4 weeks of 2014 in hotel rooms.)

3 comments:

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Aren't you glad you're finally heading home! By the time you get here the weather is supposed to be sunny and a lot warmer. Can't promise any chefs making omelets however :))))

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Aren't you glad you're finally heading home! By the time you get here the weather is supposed to be sunny and a lot warmer. Can't promise any chefs making omelets however :))))

The Calico Cat said...

papadams are Indian, that might help in your search.