Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Globetrotting, Block 2 Venice (video 2)

I filmed the next step in quilting my Venice block from Pat Sloan's Globetrotting block of the month.

As a reminder, here's the quilting plan for this block:


Today's video is about how to quilt those light green squares in the corners.  Even though the design is the same as in the center square, there are a few tricks to quilting the corners.

I used a few tools and notions in this video:  a four-inch circle template, a six-inch circle template, Handi Grip to help the template grip the quilt, and quilter's quarter-inch tape.



The block is looking pretty already:



The quarter-inch tape trick is great for quilting borders so that your quilting pattern doesn't get covered by your binding.  Ask me how I know this.

I'm still working on the "don't talk with my hands" commitment.  Maybe I'll improve by the next video?

I am excited to start quilting the next part of this block!
____
Globetrotting Block 1 Washington DC (in review)
Globetrotting Block 2 Venice (design)
Globetrotting Block 3 Venice (video 1)

No comments: