Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Cutie Quilt: Picnic Patch

I love Cutie Patterns.  There, I've said it.  I love the Cutie Patterns that I have designed, naturally, but I also love the rest of the patterns in the collection.

Picnic Patch is my favorite quilt to machine quilt.  When I finish piecing one and think "Now I get to quilt this" I get all warm and gooey inside and it feels like Christmas.  Yes, I'm weird.

There is a wedding in the extended family.  I don't know the bride so I chose neutral fabrics for her quilt:


This quilt is 72"x72" and I hope it can be used as a casual throw.

I divided my neutral strips into "pinks" and "yellows" and placed them on the quilt so each block was framed alternately with pink or yellow:


I quilted all of the strips with ribbon candy:


I told you it was like Christmas!

I was able to get a rare winter natural light photo, so here's a glamour shot of the quilt:


I loved working with neutrals so much that I've pulled all of my neutral fabric (yardage, precuts, and scraps) into a bucket and have plans to create many more quilts.

Which of my Cutie Patterns should I remake in neutral fabrics?  "All of them" you say?  Why yes, I think I shall!

1 comment:

Crystal_235 said...

I love the quilting you did on this quilt!