Thursday, March 02, 2017

Tempted: English Rose

Hi, My name is Debby and I'm a Quilt-a-holic.  I have scores of quilts in process and scores more unstarted.  I have more fabric in my possession that I can use in my lifetime.

I am trying to finish the "in-process" quilts before I start new quilts, hoping to get to the point where I can focus on only a handful of quilts at a time.  I think I would do better at this if new quilts didn't tempt me all of the time.

I'd also do a better job at not starting quilts if friends like Roni wouldn't make me start new quilts by using strongarm tactics like sending me messages that say "Look at the quilt I just finished" which makes me think "Hey, I have that kit somewhere in my stash.  I really want to make it... Right NOW!"  Like I said, strongarm tactics.

So I pulled out the quilt kit:


and it's close to the top of the "Quilts to Make" stack.

I've made this quilt before -- full story HERE -- and already know I enjoy making the pattern.  The last time I made it, I quilted a simple overall quilt design.  This time, I hope to do some custom quilting like... ribbon candy?

You knew that was coming, right?

Hi, My name is Debby and I'm a Quilt-a-holic.  A happy, happy Quilt-a-holic

2 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

I think I am going to like this one better than the red one. I really like those colors you have.

My name is Pam and I am a quilt-a-holic. It is my goal to sew up my fabric before I die. I am going to need to live a very, very long time!

BJ said...

I recognize the pattern cover from the original Moda University quilt-along series! In fact, I was just cutting up 3 bags of Moda scraps into strips and squares and some of those very fabrics were in the bags. Loved Moda then, love them now. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Enjoy chasing your "squirrel".