Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Found in my Sewing Room

I am on a year long quest to bring order from the chaos that is my sewing room.  I've accomplished much, but still have a long way to go.  A long, Long, LONG way!

I just found two bags of quilt pieces that had me asking "What can you make of that?"*


Apparently I was "into" browns at the time.

I think these are parts of two separate quilts.  Since these are all made from five-inch squares (nickel squares), I think they were from this book, maybe Sunny Lanes and Four-Patch Plaid?  I've made most of the patterns in this book, as well as another one of Pat Speth's books.  You might say I'm a huge fan of hers.  Learn more about her passion for five-inch squares HERE.

I will put these in a basket next to my sewing machine and try to piece them into some giveaway quilts in between other projects.

_____
*This? Well, I can make a hat; I can make a brooch; I can make a pterodactyl!

3 comments:

Crystal_235 said...

My power blinked on and off yesterday, so I spent the evening working my way through craft room. I found a few buried projects in it.

Jacqueline said...

Love the Browns.. should make up into a beautiful quilt.

Pamela Arbour said...

They definitely aren't speaking "spring" but I like them. Browns, neutrals, and a little orange are like comfort fabric. Can't ever go wrong with these. Looking forward to seeing what you make of them.