Sunday, March 19, 2017

Living With Quilts: Vintage Bedspread

I love living with quilts!  I recently changed my bedspread to my new Cutie quilt made with the Ella Blue fabrics I bought in Australia.  I finally pieced those pillowcase cuffs and am in love with the whole set!


This quilt is a Cutie Pattern (made from 16 fat eighths) and it is called Vintage.  I quilted it with my In The Pinks FabuLux thread.  I used wool batting so it would show the quilting and be comfy for sleeping!

It has been pointed out to me that this quilt is pink Pink PINK! and that my husband might not be terribly fond of a pink bedroom.  Please remember that I rotate my quilts often so he won't sleep under it for more than  6-8 weeks each year.  And as he said, "My eyes are closed when I'm sleeping, so I don't really care what the quilt looks like so long as it's warm!"  This is reason #4893 that I'm keeping this man.

2 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Most men have their masculinity in check so the pink wouldn't bother them. They wear pink colored clothes in public....

Nice quilt!

Pamela Arbour said...

It also has brown, blue, and green in it so I don't see a problem. Love it.