Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Place: There's Money Hiding in My Sewing Room!

I spent some of the last week stuck at home in a blizzard and finding the money hiding in my sewing room.


Is there cash tied inside the charm packs?  Nope.

Are there gold bars in between the fat quarter bundles?  Nope.

Are diamonds sprinkled inside each jelly roll?  Nope.

The money is hiding inside of my overflowing scrap bin(s):


It doesn't look like much when it's all jumbled together, but when I take the time to cut each piece into usable chunks it looks more like this:


I pay money for fat quarters, fat eights, jellyrolls, charm packs, and honey buns.  I can find those cuts of fabric in my scrap bin and gather them in pretty collections, I can use them in quilts just like the precut fabric packs that I purchase.

I don't have the emotional strength to cut through all of the scraps in my bin(s) at once, but I have promised myself that I won't add to them.  Every time I finish a quilt, I cut up the leftovers and a few pieces from my bin.  Eventually, by the year 2094, I should have all of my scraps cut up, empty bins, and some spare change leftover!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Organizing scraps into useful groupings is always a challenge. Keep on keeping on.

Crystal_235 said...

I'm slowly working on cutting my scraps into usable pieces too!