Sunday, March 05, 2017

Living With Quilts: S'Mores Snowmen

Before I show you a photo of a quilt in my living room, I need to tell you about my cat Kermit.  I don't show photos of poor Kermit because he is old and blind and frail and not very attractive any more.  He's 18 years old and has had a very, very good life with us.  He is failing and we will care for him until the very end.  Despite his tendency to scream at the top of his lungs at all hours of the day and night (and during my quilting videos), we will miss him when he finally leaves us.  Then we will buy new furniture.

You see, he and his brother Spike destroyed our living room furniture when they were younger.  Spike passed nearly 8 years ago and we said we'd hold off on new furniture until after Kermit left our family.  Did I mention it was 8 years ago?

So many times I've been ready to order a new living room set, but Kermit is failing in ways that are messy and I don't want to add my 'new furniture stress' to his final time with us.  So we wait for new furniture.

In other words, pay no attention to my awful furniture in this photo.  Destroyed furniture means that we love our cat and I'm not apologizing but I am explaining

So, about the quilt--  during the winter months, I bring out this snowman quilt:


I bought a charm pack of this delightful S'mores Snowmen fabric from Moda when I was on a quilt shop hop in Salt Lake City about seven or eight years ago.


I loved this fat quarter pack so much that I bought every bit of this fabric that I could find (cough * jelly rolls * cough * fat quarter pack * cough * half yard pack * cough * yardage * cough * panels * cough * more charm square packs * cough).  I have used some of the fabric for a wedding quilt.  It was the only way I could keep Alexis from stealing my little sofa throw.  Seriously!  She threatened to break in and steal my quilt because she loved the S'More Snowmen that much.

I still have a bunch of this fabric left, so expect to see more marshmallow snowmen quilts in the future!

3 comments:

Mikki Anderson said...

I have 4 dogs and 1 cat all I see is beautiful furniture glowing with love! And BTW that is super cute fabric how did I miss out on that?!?!?!?!

Unknown said...

Being a rescue volunteer, it never ceases to amaze me the "people" who turn in animals just because they have gotten old. Guess they think that they won't! Bless you, for the continued care and love of Kermit.

allthingzsewn said...

saying a prayer for Kirmit, we had one to go deaf first then blind, she lived until she was 23.
but she was healthy, vet said just don't move the furniture. She would yell to periodically just wanting to know where we were. I ageewith the others, you just good people loving a furry senior family member.