Saturday, March 18, 2017

Weekly Summary: BOMquilts and More

I have spent most of this week in my sewing room and have been able to keep up my "BOM block a day" commitment!

I dug up one of my oldest UFOs.  I started this for my daughter nearly 20 years ago and have no idea if she even still wants the quilt.  I'll finish it and let her decide:




Pat Sloan's Globetrotting BOM from 2014 is on my "to finish" list this year.  I filmed videos about how to quilt this block:



I'm totally in love with Pat Sloan's 182 Day Solstice Challenge.  This week's block was called Studio Time:


I'm close to finishing a 2013 BOM from my local quilt shop.  All of the blocks were named after animals -- how fun!


Bigger news than chiseling away at some BOM quilts was why I was home for 24 hours a day this week -- a blizzard!


Tuesday's blizzard was named Stella and she dumped over two feet of snow on us.  Some schools were closed for the rest of the week as our area is struggling to recover.

My recovery looked a lot like quilting!

No comments: